Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert’s new book, Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions, takes the ideas of When Helping Hurts and applies them to short-term missions.
In this audio interview, co-author Steve Corbett discusses why short-term missions do not always have the positive impact that participants expect. He suggests ways to improve the short-term missions experience so that both parties truly benefit.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions: Leader’s Guide
- Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions: Participant Guide
- Steve Corbett’s bio, Covenant College
- Writings on global hermeneutics by Paul Hiebert
- Church missions opportunities with Food for the Hungry
Missed Part One of the interview? Find it here.