Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert’s new book, Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions, takes the ideas of When Helping Hurts and applies them to short-term missions.
In this audio interview, co-author Steve Corbett discusses why short-term missions do not always have the positive impact that participants expect. He suggests ways to improve the short-term missions experience so that both parties truly benefit.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions: Leader’s Guide
- Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions: Participant Guide
- When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor… and Yourself
- Steve Corbett’s bio, Covenant College
- Church missions opportunities with Food for the Hungry
This is Part One of a two-part interview. Ready for Part Two? Click here.