Anne McCain shares eight reasons for Christians to develop personal relationships with the poor beyond reading the newspaper and sending money.
- Christ ministered to people personally – Mark 7:31-35
- It reminds us that the masses of poor people are real people
- It allows those in poverty to give to us
- It impassions our prayers
- We see God bring change
- It challenges us personally in our own walk with God – James 2:5
- It motivates us to action
- Christ tells us that when we care personally for the poor, we are caring personally for him – Matthew 25:31-40
Request more information about the Community to Community program for church partnerships.
Anne McCain is Eastern Regional Manager of Global Engagement at Food for the Hungry.