Welcome to Poverty Unlocked, the collection of resources dedicated to the Christian response to hunger and injustice. The ideas you’ll learn on Poverty Unlocked will change the way you think about vulnerable people everywhere.
Scripture explains poverty, and tells us how to respond. Get the tools you need for outreach with our free Theology of Poverty audio series. Start listening now.
Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert’s new book, Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions, takes the ideas of When Helping Hurts and applies them to short-term missions.
In this audio interview, co-author Steve Corbett discusses why short-term missions do not always have the positive impact that participants expect. He suggests ways to improve the short-term missions experience so that both parties truly benefit.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions: Leader’s Guide
- Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions: Participant Guide
- Steve Corbett’s bio, Covenant College
- Writings on global hermeneutics by Paul Hiebert
- Church missions opportunities with Food for the Hungry
Missed Part One of the interview? Find it here.
- Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions with Steve Corbett
- The Healthiest Way to Give
- A Life Surrendered to God
- The Purpose of the Poor
- Best Practices in Orphan Care
- How to Say “I Love You”
- God’s Surprising Solution to Poverty
- Planning Your Mission Trip
- Three New Year’s Resolutions that End Poverty. Really.
- World AIDS Day 2010
- Orphan Care
- PU 047: Violence Against Women
- PU 046: Why Ideas Matter
- PU 045: Six Steps to End Poverty (Laying the Foundation #4)