Welcome to Poverty Unlocked, the collection of resources dedicated to the Christian response to hunger and injustice. The ideas you’ll learn on Poverty Unlocked will change the way you think about vulnerable people everywhere.
Scripture explains poverty, and tells us how to respond. Get the tools you need for outreach with our free Theology of Poverty audio series. Start listening now.
Today I’m going back to one of the most basic lessons about poverty–one that everyone needs to understand but very few people actually get. It’s the infamous issue of dependency. Listen to this 20-minute episode to become an instant expert on the topic… or at least to get started with what you need to know.
I also took some time to address the question that everyone seems to ask: What should I do instead? It’s not hard to avoid dependency—it’s really not!—after you grasp a few basic concepts.
Let me know what you think of this episode. What else would you add?
- A Life Surrendered to God
- The Purpose of the Poor
- Best Practices in Orphan Care
- How to Say “I Love You”
- God’s Surprising Solution to Poverty
- Planning Your Mission Trip
- Three New Year’s Resolutions that End Poverty. Really.
- World AIDS Day 2010
- Orphan Care
- PU 047: Violence Against Women
- PU 046: Why Ideas Matter
- PU 045: Six Steps to End Poverty (Laying the Foundation #4)
- Haiti Relief
- PU 044: Three Mistakes to Avoid in Short-term Missions